Road Trip Creepy/ Cool things to see Traveling from New York to Salem, MA

Hey guys! I’m traveling from New York to Salem let me know top places to go on the way. Especially near Salem. I know all the big places in Salem but I wanna find smaller less known things to see!

2 Likes

Here are a few locations we have in our database that are along the way using our new search tool (in beta). Hope this helps some.

2 Likes

Nice tool. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

AO Community member @SoaringRaven has put together a fine map of New England Oddities

There was a three part series on AO about J.W. Ocker’s journey to create his book, The New England Grimpendium, which now has a counterpart in another book you’d do well to keep with you on this trip, The New York Grimpendium. Both catalog the macabre or downright tragic locations in the Northeast.

4 Likes

Salem Willows and get a Chop Suey Sandwich. I don’t know of any other place you can get one. And not too far from there is the Saugus Iron Works.

1 Like

Thanks for posting @SoaringRaven’s awesome map! That’s exactly what I was thinking!

You’ll be really close to Glouster and the Paper House, the fisherman statue and some other things too. Fun area to visit all around.

1 Like

Thanks for this. Can’t wait to explore this area.

1 Like