September Colombia Trip

I am traveling to Colombia in September with Atlas Obscura. This will be my first trip with Atlas and I will be traveling alone. I thought it might be nice to meet some of my fellow travelers in this forum or anyone else who has been to Colombia and has any advise for traveling there. My name is Diane and I’m a retired teacher who loves adventures, meeting new people and learning about the cultures of other countries. I’m looking forward to hearing from others who love to travel.

4 Likes

Hi, Diane. I’m going to be on that trip as well. I just posted an intro on the main page for the trip - but here it is again. 1m

I’m Kim Barnes. I live in Oakland, California, and am the CEO of a leadership development consulting firm in Berkeley. I’m an inveterate traveler and travel photographer and have wanted to visit Colombia for a long time - any country with a city mayor who used mimes to enforce parking regulations is a place I want to experience! Looking forward to meeting all of you.

2 Likes

Hi Diane! I’m so excited to meet you in Colombia. I’ve never been before, so we’ll be seeing the country with for the first time together. Can’t wait for our adventures ahead!

2 Likes

Hi Diane! I Was in Cartagena de Indias in 2013 and it was a great experience. It’s a very interesting city but my trip wasn’t with Atlas Obscura.
I hope you can visit this historic and rich place.

Have a nice travel!

1 Like

Is there anyone who is going on the Atlas Obacura trip to Colombia in Sept. who would like to extend their trip a few days to Cartagena? I’ve heard so many good things about Cartagena that I’m thinking I would love to visit there while I’m in the country.

1 Like

Congratz Diane! Might be traveling to Colombia too but not in the near future…

Hi! I’m not traveling with Atlas Obscurs but I will be traveling to Medellin / Cartagena these same dates and having been using and attending Obscura events for many years!

If anyone wants to meet up let me know

Tracy

1 Like