Sidaway Bridge

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Sidaway Bridge in Cleveland, Ohio. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

Travelers Beware: This bridge is in a very bad neighborhood (high crime area) on both sides. The west side is very isolated and I wouldn’t dare go there alone. Best time to visit is in the winter when the leaves and foliage are gone along with much of the foot traffic. In the warm months you could probably drive right by this and not even notice as it is covered in vines. Still worth seeking out if you like abandoned Americana. It looks like a smaller golden gate bridge. It is breathtaking and haunting given the history of this abandoned landmark.

2 Likes

10/03/2020 - It was just after dark when I arrived, so I chose not to bushwhack my way toward the bridge. I visited both sides, and while I was given glimpses of the bridge’s upper reaches, it would be nice to return and get a closer look.