Speculum Alchemiae

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Speculum Alchemiae in Prague, Czechia. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

1 Like

This was one of my favourite little museums. Stepping into a witchy world of potions and bubbling bottles, down a dark corridor and into the caves hidden behind the bookcase…a short talk of about 30 minutes but worth it in my book to see the underground rooms and tunnels.

3 Likes

WOW!! love all the secret stairs & hidden rooms! The pics are awesome, but it makes me want to see pictures of how it looked when they 1st found it!!? Awesome & beyond cool! I’ll jump on my Broom & meet you all @ Hogwats!

1 Like

As much as I could tell from checking various online sources, the basis of this hidden alchemy lab is real enough, but the current site has been tricked up for the tourist trade, with perhaps only the tunnels and their stone walls, and some found glassware, being authentic. That being said, the place is still an entertaining diversion. Go, have some fun and fantasy.

1 Like