Starr Kempf's Kinetic Sculptures

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Starr Kempf’s Kinetic Sculptures in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

1 Like

My husband and I live outside of Nashville, TN, but visit our son who is stationed at a local AFB there in CO Springs, his wife, and our granddaughters as much as possible. We had driven through Broadmoor the night before, and curious to explore more in the day time the next day drove past it, further up the mountain and stumbled upon this amazing artwork. I was blown away and so excited! I took as many pictures as I possibly could (not by any means able to do it the justice it deserves) and couldn’t wait to look up the story behind the work online. So sad to hear that someone so talented could be so troubled as to end their own life though. I’m grateful that his daughter decided to allow his gifts to be carried on.

1 Like