State leaderboards

State leaderboards - are they updated on a schedule? I don’t think the Delaware one is up to date and just wondering if its done monthly, weekly, or whatnot. Thanks!

2 Likes

It seems that the leaderboards are no longer updated at all.

2 Likes

A while ago they had a system that updated a board based on how active it was. So cities/countries that had places added regularly would get updated regularly, and those that did not would be updated once every few months or so. I suggested back then that they update all relevant board whenever a place is published, but it seems like they have not done that yet.

Anyway, the team is stretched very thin due to covid and it seems like user-related topics are at the bottom of the to-do list atm, as is clear from them basically having abandoned the forums. :stuck_out_tongue: The best we can do is hope that things get better or that some company with better resources buys the site.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing for New Mexico. I kind of assumed that the site would do it automatically. I’d be surprised if they entered it manually every time someone visited a place or edited an article.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, the leaderboards are so outdated so constantly and have been so for so long that I honestly wonder what could be the point in keeping them.

1 Like

I suspect that they had a cron job that pinged them on some kind of schedule and that it broke down and never got fixed.