The Lunchbox

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of The Lunchbox. Ask questions or share tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this food, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

Anyone ever peruse Atlas/Gastro Obscura and are amused when you see a local thing added as something of wonder? That’s me and the lunchbox. I will say that I drank plenty of these babies in my mid-20’s, and while the recipe sounds … odd, I swear they are delicious!

1 Like

Ha, yes, but that said, when I saw the Lunchbox published, my immediate response was that it sounded amazing and I wanted to try it. So perhaps “wonder” can be relative? :smile:

1 Like

Edna’s is not only known for “The Best Box in Town,” but for the atmosphere. It’s a small bar with the best honky tonk vibe. I am attaching a link to a Miranda Lambert/Keith Urban video that was filmed inside Edna’s. The video is much better lit than the bar is normally. Your eyes will need a moment to adjust. It’s dark demeanor is part of its clandestine feel. I love this little bar. Three bars on this block were listed as part of the best 20 dive bars in America. (Edna’s, The Hi-Lo Club and The Drunken Fry, which closed their doors last year.) Drink a Lunchbox and leave a dollar on the wall. RIP Edna. https://youtu.be/dlFEJ-Ctpjc