The Most Incredible Waterfalls?

Four of my favorite waterfalls:

Iguazu Falls, Brazil side

Bali Tegenungan Waterfall

Lombok Sendang Gile Waterfalls
![Lombok%20Sendang%20Gile%20Waterfalls-L|690x459 (upload://yKXCLdgwW89BnumMMFg9vpVZLsT.jpeg)

Oregon Multnomah Falls

3 Likes

Since Staubbach Falls in Lauterbrunnen has been mentioned I would like to share another Swiss favorite of mine which is the Reichenbach Falls just outside of the town of Meiringen, Switzerland. You can enjoy a meringue at the cafe that Swiss meringue was first invented before you hit the Sherlock Holmes museum all in Meiringen at the base of the falls. Then you can take a funicular up to near the top of the falls. Once up there you can hike around the many levels of the falls. The falls were made famous when Sir Arthur Conan Doyle first tried to kill off Sherlock Holmes by having him and Professor Moriarty both fall to their presumed deaths as they fought near the top of the falls. There is a star on the cliff side marking the exact location the altercations was said to have happened.

Other cool stuff to do at Reichenbach Falls is to have lunch or stay at the hotel that perches at the very top of the falls and what seems to be the top of the world, Gasthaus Zwirgi. They make a mean kaseschnitte. Or you can hike back down to the base of the falls through the tiny villages.

2 Likes

The Cascade Corner of SW Yellowstone has some amazing falls only visible to hikers. Dunanda Falls on Boundary Creek is notable for the thermal pools at its base.

4 Likes

I camped in Lauterbrunnen way back in 1957 on my honeymoon. I’ve camped in many places since but that first experience has never been forgotten.

2 Likes

The incredible Moss Glen Falls, near Stowe, Vermont.

4 Likes

For me, I would say standing on hurricane deck at Niagara Falls is a great experience. You can feel their power while standing there.

2 Likes

how much I d like to go there you are very fortunate! please exactly how to get? by plane to…and by way to?

I enjoyed Limon Cascade in Dominican Republic. To get a view of the waterfall you have to first go on a horseback to the site, then you have to walk down the face of a mountain, no clear steps, just a pathway, but, it is all worth it because the view is spectacular. Getting back up was quite challenging. But, the cascade was worth every effort.

1 Like

I visited Iceland this January for the first time and absolutely fell in LOVE with all of their breathtaking scenery. There are so many incredible waterfalls. For the Game of Thrones fans out there, I got to visit some of the waterfalls used in production.

1 Like