The Plotz Plot

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of The Plotz Plot in Holbrook, Arizona. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

I cannot imagine a more perfect tribute. David, it’s been amazing to work for you these past few months. Can’t wait to see what you do next!

3 Likes

I’m in Northern California, living through a life altering situation. Leaving my former life, and self. As soon as I figure out what the best symbol of this transition is, I’ll fly to Arizona and hike that 2500 ft of Route 66 and place my symbol of my former self. If I can talk my son into joining me even better. Thank you for purchasing the Plotz Plot property!

5 Likes

It is a bit like going around Mt Kailash
In Tibet where you leave something behind - I don’t remember the details but there was tons of stuff strewn around !!!
Great idea ! I am sure it will put grow that shed

3 Likes

Without doubt “The Plotz Plot” must be “The” Holy Grail of all Atlas Obscura locations.:earth_africa::earth_americas::earth_asia:

3 Likes

I thought this was a fun idea. Thanks to Mr. Plotz for his tireless work in making a site I enjoy visiting and sharing.

1 Like

Doesn’t it take almost 3 days (2 days, 20 hours) to get from Seattle to Brooklyn by train?

1 Like

Oh no, we have received our first visitor report, and it is not good. Not good at all. According to a visitor who just passed through, the Plotz Plot shed has already collapsed from high winds. I knew the shed we purchased was a bit rickety, but this is shocking. Is there anyone who lives nearby with some handyman capabilities, who’d be willing to volunteer help us rebuild? We are rescuing Plotz’s backpack. We will rebuild, stronger than before!

1 Like

Visited the site today, the shack is not in a good state. The awesome lettering though is still there and intact! Hope someone more skilled than me can get that fixed soon, it’s such a great site!

We made a stop to find the Plotz Plot today and to visit the remains of the shack. Sadly, the “plot” is now missing from the shack side. Hopefully it can be rebuilt but we still enjoyed finding it!