The Tree on the Lake

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of The Tree on the Lake in Port Renfrew, British Columbia. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

What a phenomenal reminder of nature’s tenacity and its cycle of life and death and rebirth. In the photo of that little tree, I see myself, alone but not lonely, serene and unconquerable, just waiting for another day of life to begin. Loving the rain as much as the sunshine and ready for anything. In touch with my ancestors and seeing the young become older and the old become younger. Seeing myself become older and wiser and relishing life no matter where it leads. Yes, I am a survivor. I am that tiny tree, shaped by my experiences and ready for more.

2 Likes

Oh…peregrine79…that is so, so beautifully and eloquently written !! Just loved reading it so much…

1 Like

Thank you so much for your very kind compliment. I grew up playing in the woods and fields and have always loved photographing solitary trees. This one inspired me.