"There Are a Lot of Quirky Henges Around the United States" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the story, There Are a Lot of Quirky Henges Around the United States. You can share your comments and thoughts about the story in the conversation below.

1 Like

There is a half scale Stonehenge in Rolla, Missouri on the campus of Missouri University of Science and Technology.

4 Likes

Saguaro Henge in Tucson’s Pima Prickly Park is a circle of eight saguaro cacti on a slight mound. It can be seen from the road or visited on foot.

4 Likes

Oh wow I really love this one, thank you for sharing!!

It’s pretty neat, and near the freeway, for roadtrippers. Thanks for posting!

Check out Columcille in Bath, Pennsylvania. This private, open to the public , Park is quite beautiful with a beautiful henge. Also, Don’t miss the Gate of Thor, a 20-30 foot high huge natural stones. Love Atlas Obscura!

1 Like

Geoegia Guidestones in Elbert County, Ga., an out of the way granite monument inscribed with guidelines
1031 Guide Stones Road, Elberton, GA 30635

3 Likes

There used to be a Fridgehenge in Santa Fe, NM – constructed out of abandoned refrigerators on top of a landfill – but unfortunately the fence didn’t keep out the graffiti artists, and there were safety considerations, so it was dismantled. I’m sure there are photos out there somewhere, but I don’t have any …

2 Likes

I have a set I took just a couple of months before it was dismantled but I’ll need to find the hard drive they’re on and optimize them to post. It might be a few days but I’ll look into it.

2 Likes

Would love to see those if you get a chance!

Though it’s not a TRUE henge, there’s a public art installation in Dublin, OH called “Field of Corn,” often referred to as “Cornhenge.” It is over 100 person-sized concrete ears of corn. It’s actually a pretty impressive sight!
image https://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/oh/OHDUBcorn06_620x300.jpg

1 Like

There used to be a Foamhenge in central Virginia, but I’ve heard it’s been moved.