Things to do in Florida: Florida Rambler

places-in-united-states

Aside from all the touristy places there is a stretch of small rural towns on the East panhandle and down along the “armpit” where you find fishing towns with good seafood and lots of antiques, very large springs for inland scuba or river floats. Camp in one spot and visit a new river four days in a row before you have to move your base again. In the winter manatee like the warm waters put out from the power plants.

Right you are KenJ. I found this website to be the most helpful, concise aggregations of a multitude of both on and off the beaten path opportunities. It is helpful to be able to see calendars of many different groupings when planning my many Florida trips. Over time, I have come to check their calendars before I finalize dates just to be able to include one or more places or festivals they highlight. With their breakdown of Florida into areas it’s easy to pinpoint relevant activities and events to schedule. Hope this will help travellers find specific things of interest to them. Thanks for the reply.