Tiny Town

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Tiny Town in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

Thanks for covering this place. Tiny Town was a big part of my childhood. I’m happy to see it’s still there. I know all stories will eventually come to an end, but I hope the Spa City recognizes the true artistry here and finds a way to keep it in perpetuity. And for those vacationing in our our little town this summer, definitely give this place a visit. It’s absolutely worth it.

1 Like

I remember visiting Tiny Town around 1965 with my mother and my brother. I recall that it was huge, and to my eyes, quite realistic. Visitors walked slowly around the perimeter of the display, while the host, an older gentleman, described various items of interest. I was particularly impressed when he pointed out “Elvis Presley” walking down one of the Tiny Town streets. As we left, I heard my mother say, “what a waste of time” under her breath, but from my seven year-old perspective, Tiny Town was absolutely amazing.

1 Like