Tips for visiting Sagrada Familia, Barcelona

I have heard a lot about Sagrada Familia, a cathedral in Barcelona, Spain. Would like to know more about it. If anyone can help me around and can give me tips regarding what to do their, how to reach, etc. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the comment akshayraven :slight_smile:
The site you have mentioned seems good. I will try it surely.

Definitely worth visiting, but very, very crowded. So would definitely pay off to do some research ahead of time re: the best way to get tickets in advance, and the best time in general to visit so as to avoid the crowds.

FWIW, lots of other Gaudi to see in Barcelona as well including Parc Güell and La Pedrera.

3 Likes

I was there last September and recommend you not miss out. We went on the website and booked our tickets online. If you show up to buy tickets there could be a long wait. When you buy them online you can pick your time. I also recommend the tickets that allow you to go up the the top. The view is incredible. I have been to several cathedrals in Europe and this is by far one of my favorites. Good luck and have a great time.

2 Likes

When we visited Barcelona in 2011, we rented a flat not far from the Sagrada Familia and our host gave us a tip on buying our tickets in a way that allowed us to enter without standing in line forever. I wish I could remember the details, but perhaps this website will help. Sagrada Familia Tickets | Skip The Line Tickets and Guided Tours
The cathedral is utterly breathtaking and worth a day to explore on its own. Another lovely view is from the Parque Guel or from the rooftop of La Pedrera- Casa Mila, among other Gaudi sites. We also loved the Palais de Musica and the Miro Museum. And if you can manage it, visit the sweet fishing village of Cadaques up north for a side trip to see Salvador Dali’s amazing home. Buen viaje!

2 Likes

Thank you for the comment, :slight_smile:
I have heard about Park Guell but not La Pedrera. Will try to go there too.

Thanks for the comment, :slight_smile:
Everyone is telling me about the crowd. I guess i surely need to book my tickets. Will definitely go to the top. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, :slight_smile:
I have a little less idea about these things but i will make sure to plan my trip having these places in mind. Buen dia!

Seeing cathedrals in Europe can get old very quickly. But this isn’t an ordinary cathedral. It’s a one of a kind artistic masterpiece. Study it from every angle and take your time. It is incomparable. In fact, check out all the Gaudi masterpieces - nothing like them anywhere else!

1 Like

Thank for your comment, :slight_smile:
I will surely visit every masterpiece.

My advice would be to monitor the weather when planning your visit, if you would like to climb up to the top. When I visited, they would not let you climb if it had been raining.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey…check out this Sagrada Familia - tours and skip the line | Reason To See
They have really good tours and skip the line tickets. We’ve tried one of the tours and it was really interesting