Tom and Jerry

ao-foods
foods
foods-of-england
foods-of-united-states

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Tom and Jerry . Ask questions or share tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this food, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

Batter based drinks with lots of alcohol. How could you go wrong?

I was an FOE member through my 20s and 30s and one of the old guys made sure that we always had a Tom and Jerry night before Christmas. I think there were about a dozen people who actually looked forward to them but every damn regular was all about the tradition.

Tom and Jerry’s are a long-time tradition in my husband’s family and we have a large number of the mugs and punch bowl matching the one shown. Every Christmas morning friends and neighbors are invited for a drink before they go on about their holiday festivities. It’s great fun and starts the day with an extra bit of ‘holiday spirit.’

Completely agree. I feel the same way about Irish coffee, which combines the four essential food groups into a single glass: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and animal fat. You can’t go wrong there, either.