Try our NYC culinary scavenger hunt!

Last week, Gastro Obscura launched Tour de Gastro, an eat-around-the-world scavenger hunt across New York’s five boroughs. From Oaxacan mole blanco in the South Bronx to Nepalese yak cheese in Jackson Heights, we’ve assembled a list of 12 culinary gems and the extraordinary restaurants and vendors who serve them.

Here are some photos from my adventures eating these amazing dishes around the city. I’d love to see yours!

Sofreh’s Persian ice cream sandwich (Prospect Heights, Brooklyn)

Non at Rokhat Kosher Bakery (Rego Park, Queens)

Pepian with chile cobanero hot sauce at Ix (Prospect Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn)

Have you visited any of the stops on the Tour de Gastro? Tell us about it!

4 Likes

I can vouch for the tastiness of this itinerary! Check out this sizzling yak platter I enjoyed at the Himalayan yak. It was SO good.

4 Likes

Im going out this weekend to some of the places on the list. Hope i dont melt though :weary::weary:

I hear you. To avoid melting, I’d recommend either going for the Persian ice cream sandwich or heading to the Brighton Bazaar so you can eat right on the beach. :beach_umbrella:

1 Like

I was just talking to someone the other day about it ! It’s one of the first or 2nd things on my list along with yak cheese lol

2 Likes