Hi Atlas Obscura community,
We’re excited to share that the Atlas Obscura homepage is getting a glow up! We’ve grown and evolved a lot over the last few years. In addition to sharing offbeat places and awe-inspiring stories, Atlas Obscura now offers trips to every corner of the world, online courses in everything from lockpicking to experimental perfumery, and a membership program with exclusive benefits.
Starting today, you’ll notice a few changes to the homepage on desktop and mobile. Here’s what’s new:
- The Place of the Day is bigger and more beautiful than ever. We hope that this brings more attention to not only the amazing places from our community, but also the stellar photography you provide.
- A Places section that puts the spotlight on the most recent additions to the Atlas.
- Featured Destination Guides for cities across six continents.
- A Courses section that highlights courses happening right now and the latest additions to the course catalog.
- A Trips section that features the latest and greatest travel experiences we offer.
We hope this makes it easier to navigate the site and see everything that AO has to offer. If you have any questions or feedback for us, please let us know!