Violet volcanic tea article re origin of words for tea

This is a comment re Atlas Obscura article “Violet Volcanic Tea.” It seemed to me that the information about the origin of the word “tea” was incomplete and not entirely accurate. One of the explanations I’ve heard why tea is called both CHA and TAH (or TEH) is that the former was Mandarin while the latter was Cantonese. The explanation I prefer is whether tea was transported to the West via land or sea routes. Here’s a link: History of the word "tea": How the word "tea" spread over land and sea — Quartz
Side comment: I did not see a link to be able to send a comment directly to Atlas Obscura. The only option seemed to be to join a forum. I should think it would be a good idea for AO to have an easy way for a reader to access an editorial comment without having to join a forum. I’m not big on forums and this could very well be my only comment.

Hi! Thanks for your note. You can always feel free to email us at foods@atlasobscura.com with any questions, comments, or corrections. I actually love that Quartz article on the origins of the words for tea; it was one of our sources for background on this piece. We decided to focus only on the origins of tea in the Azores and how Portugal refers to tea, as the entry was discussing Azorean tea specifically. Besides, I’m not sure we’d be able to best or add to what the Quartz article does a fine job of explaining already! Thanks again for reaching out. Even if you don’t use the forums, please feel free to reach out via the above email address anytime.