Wallaby Ranch

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Wallaby Ranch in Fall City, Washington. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

1 Like

05/29/19 - If you are into animals, I cannot recommend this highly enough. $15 per person feels like a steal to hold a baby wallaby and snuggle up to some friendly kangaroos in my opinion. The visit was also highly informative. You definitely need to call ahead to schedule your visit; no drop-ins. At the time of our visit, Rex was preparing for thyroid surgery, so he had just assembled a video version of his presentation. This lasts about 20-30 minutes before you get to touch or visit the critters. Some might get impatient with this, but Rex is committed to educating visitors about these animals. You will learn a lot. Also, we had a 2-year-old with us, which was probably not appropriate. We could not rein in his desire to run at the kangaroos, which is a definite no-no, so we had to remove him from the enclosure. Rex has a very earthy and off-color sense of humor, which I certainly appreciate, but if this goes against your sensibilities, you will have to let that go during your visit. As for us, we will definitely be back.

4 Likes

I gotta do this…

1 Like