What about Quebec?

My wife and I will be traveling to Quebec for the first time in May 2019. We have a general idea of some things we’d like to do (e.g. cycling, breweries, hiking) but we are also looking for some other hidden gems that are commonly known or discussed on The Thrillist or other such online forums.

Thanks ~ Jack

The city’s first jail is now a museum about the history of the English-speaking population of the region.

For that a few other exciting suggestions, check out the AO guide to the city:

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

There’s plenty to do in the Quebec City region. You can explore Old Quebec to enjoy its European charm, or take a short drive towards the mountains for a great hike. We’re fortunate in that we’ve got a huge outdoor playground to explore.

If you’re into skiing or snowboarding, I recommend Le Massif de Charlevoix, Mont-Sainte-Anne, or Stoneham.

You could also spend a day sliding at the largest outdoor winter park: Village Vacances Valcartier. That’s also where the Ice Hotel is located, which is pretty impressive to see.

If you’re looking for a good winter hike, definitely check out the Jacques-Cartier National Park. Not only can you hike, but you can also snowshoe, splitboard, Nordic ski, and more.

Lastly, you could also go Ice Climbing on the Montmorency Waterfalls (Chutes Montmorency) if you’re up to it. Great views, and a great workout. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy our Belle Province!

Thanks for the awesome recommendations, @From_the_Backwoods!