What's Your Favorite Cave?

Yes, that’s where I’m going! I’ll have to check out the tank!

1 Like

Cool :slight_smile: , it would be so awesome if you get some pictures of the Olms and share them here

1 Like

I love places like that , little hidden places awaiting discovery !

1 Like

I would say Cueva Ventana, but imo it lost its charm and the price of admission is not worth the hassle. Plus, you can’t get close to the window (the main feature) anymore for safety measures. In case anyone’s interested:

2 Likes

I have visited another caves (Drac in Mallorca, Benidoleig, Nerja…) but only this one about paleolithic art. I totally agree with you regarding to visit the original cave but people use to go to Altamira replica: the “neocueva” . When I went to Cantabria, my first target was to visit El Castillo. I´d like to visit Maltravieso to my next visit to Cáceres. ‘Nature’(science journal )situated here the most ancient painting made by human beings and these humans probably were neanderthal men. The bad news is that Maltravieso is closed to tourists. I will content myself visiting a little museum there.

1 Like

Hey Guys,
I have visited Morocco in 2017. And I also visited “Friouato Cave” are located about 30 km south of the city of Taza, Morocco. The farthest explored known point is about 272 meters, but its real limits are still mysterious. There are also signs of an underground river that is believed to flow near the Grottes of Chiker. Wanna feel what’s like to be inside a mountain at 272m underground? Friouato Cave is the place to explore. It’s a unique adventure that made me feel like Lara Croft for about +3 hours. There are some more Caves located in Morocco are Kef Toghobeit Cave and Caves of Hercules.
I recommend you visited these caves Also, its too mysterious Cave in my Morocco Tourism.

5 Likes

Absolutely beautiful cave pictures ggramsmith! It looks like an amazing place to explore

1 Like

Did you see any cave boas in there by any chance ?

I know that they can be found hunting bats in PR’s limestone caves

I haven’t seen any if my four visits.

1 Like

These pictures are incredible!

1 Like

What about coquis ? :thinking:

Can I put a cavelike tunnel in here? I always loved walking through Jhaishan Tunnel. Watching the sea water go back and forth and listening to the classical music they pipe in (no, really) was always peaceful.

3 Likes

Why, yes! I believe that DOES qualify!

That’s insanely beautiful. I don’t anticipate getting to Morocco anytime sadly.

1 Like

Coquis are nocturnal, haven’t seen any in the cave but sometimes one will appear by our windows at night. You mostly hear them rather than see them.

2 Likes

Blanchard Springs Caverns- Arkansas, United States. One of the most beautiful “living” cave systems. https://www.blanchardsprings.org/

1 Like

Škocjan Caves in Slovenia are the most dramatic and breathtaking I have ever seen. Visitors are in for such a treat! There are two routes…try for both but if you only have time for one, do the route that is mostly within the cave system rather than outside.

3 Likes

I have 2.

Skocjan Caves in Slovenia. Makes you feel like you’re Indiana Jones or one of the Goonies. So many different parts to it. But the greatest is when you finally enter to the main canyon. It’s epic.

And Salina Turda. Space-goth fantasy. Insane.

3 Likes

I would like to introduce some caves in Brazil:

7 Likes

Nice you meet you Brazilian caves. What are they called, and where are they?

1 Like