What's Your Favorite Cave?

Absolutely beautiful cave pictures ggramsmith! It looks like an amazing place to explore

1 Like

Did you see any cave boas in there by any chance ?

I know that they can be found hunting bats in PR’s limestone caves

I haven’t seen any if my four visits.

1 Like

These pictures are incredible!

1 Like

What about coquis ? :thinking:

Can I put a cavelike tunnel in here? I always loved walking through Jhaishan Tunnel. Watching the sea water go back and forth and listening to the classical music they pipe in (no, really) was always peaceful.

3 Likes

Why, yes! I believe that DOES qualify!

That’s insanely beautiful. I don’t anticipate getting to Morocco anytime sadly.

1 Like

Coquis are nocturnal, haven’t seen any in the cave but sometimes one will appear by our windows at night. You mostly hear them rather than see them.

2 Likes

Blanchard Springs Caverns- Arkansas, United States. One of the most beautiful “living” cave systems. https://www.blanchardsprings.org/

1 Like

Škocjan Caves in Slovenia are the most dramatic and breathtaking I have ever seen. Visitors are in for such a treat! There are two routes…try for both but if you only have time for one, do the route that is mostly within the cave system rather than outside.

3 Likes

I have 2.

Skocjan Caves in Slovenia. Makes you feel like you’re Indiana Jones or one of the Goonies. So many different parts to it. But the greatest is when you finally enter to the main canyon. It’s epic.

And Salina Turda. Space-goth fantasy. Insane.

3 Likes

I would like to introduce some caves in Brazil:

7 Likes

Nice you meet you Brazilian caves. What are they called, and where are they?

1 Like

3 caves:

• Gruta de Maquiné
  • Gruta da Lapinha
  • Gruta Rei do Mato
    The three are in Minas Gerais State, north of Belo Horizonte City
3 Likes

If you ever find yourself in Cuba…

3 Likes

These beauties are on my to do list when I get back to Brazil , where are they Minas Gerais or Sao Paulo ?

Caves are in Minas Gerais State, north of Belo Horizonte City

2 Likes

Didn’t get to them last time around even though I was passing through Minas , but soon I’ll see them :slight_smile:

If you’ve never been to Marianna Caverns located about an hour outside of Tallahassee, FL you are truly missing out! I guess the official name is Florida State Caverns but we’ve always known it as Marianna Caverns.

1 Like