White Potato Pie

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of White Potato Pie. Ask questions or share tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this food, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

Thanks for sharing the candy recipe! My grandmother used to make this all the time. :blush:

2 Likes

Is there a recipe for white potato pie?

This one looks like it might be pretty good!

https://www.atasteofhistory.net/maryland-white-potato-pie---a-collection-of-recipes.html

Thank you!

the article mentions peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Jiff peanut butter is the wrong kind to use as it is sweetened. you need unsweetened peanut butter, mustard (not mayonnaise) dill pickles and rye or sour dough bread. You put mustard on each slice of bread, peanut butter on one side and sliced pickles on the other, put the 2 slices of bread together and you have a great sandwich. I was in a little sandwich shop with some friends once, I ordered a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but was told all they had was rye bread. I asked for a peanut butter, mustard and pickle sandwich. They brought me the loaf of rye bread, a jar of mustard, a jar of pickles and a knife! I made the sandwich but was only able to eat 1/2 of it as my friends kept taking bites and raving about it.

1 Like