Why Hasn't My Place/Food Submission Been Published?

places

Hi https://community.atlasobscura.com/u/TransdisciplinaryExc
One of my older entries that got refused is https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/giacometti-hall Don’t know the reason why it was refused. But still a great place to visit, beautiful interior decoration and not something so well known about Zürich (just my opinion). Difficult to get pictures about this place though because photography is not allowed.

The Angry Birds things looks awesome.

I was thinking of adding this one, it’s the oldest swimming pool in Reykjavik and it has this 1930s art deco glamour to it. But I’m not sure if it would pass a test. I think I can sell it, I’ve been there and I think it’s a treat:

wrong topic? But yea I think that the pool should make it.

Hey again @CoolCrab. Apologies for the continued confusion. As we’re trying to transition to a more communicative and clear system, we’re rolling out changes including the “not published” and “pending” status disclaimers. For now, those are in place to give users a clear idea of the status of their submission. We’re working on further features that will allow us to communicate more detailed reasons directly with more emails to our users. This email and notification process is in development and should roll out soon. In the meantime, as ever, I encourage you to reach out to our database editors directly at places@atlasobscura.com with any detailed questions or comments about specific place pages.

In regards to the idea you and other users (including @SunnyDandthePurpleSt) have suggested about posting rejected or pending places in the forums for other users to review, I think that’s a fine idea, but I want to set some expectations so that such discussions don’t lead to further confusion or frustration. As it stands, we do not have a direct process for reviewing changes or edits to specific submissions from our forum comments. However, any edits made to the place pages will be reviewed by our editors, and handled as normal. The forum space is here primarily to facilitate discussion between our users, and while our editors and staff are here in the discussions, for the time being, direct communication with them via places@atlasobscura.com and info@atlasobscura.com is still the most efficient way to get more information about your submissions.

Our forum space is still very new and we are actively working on how to make it most useful for our readers. In the future, there may be a more direct link between the submissions process and our forum discussions but for the time being, the database editors are the best source of information regarding our place and food pages.

I hope this helps clear things up, and again I apologize for any confusion you’ve experienced. Thanks again for the continued feedback, and let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

My thread wasnt because i wanted to help ppl get those places published. I just thought itd lead to fun discussion

Awesome to hear thanks! To be fair I’m already super happy that you guys work so hard on feedback and site improvement. :slight_smile: Looking forward to the updates.

Ah, sorry. Didn’t mean to rope you in unnecessarily.

Also, I did it because it seems like a better way to organize things. You have about 5 or 6 issues on this one thread and it seems better to have different threads so people interested in the mechanics of place acceptance don’t receive notifications about other sightly unrelated topics. It also could liven up the boards as this wouldn’t be the only thread to get traction.

Hi,
Here is a submission that has been pending review for a long time, and I am curious to see how I could improve it.
It is a Strange sculpture park a few kilometers from Disneyland Paris that not a lot of people, even locals, know about. And it is free…
Thanks!
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/dhuys-sculpture-garden

Thanks for posting this, the Giacometti Hall is indeed a hidden gem of Zurich. Maybe your entry was not complete, we might add some text.

Hey again Enzo! If you’d like more information regarding a specific submission such as the Dhuys Garden, please send your questions to places@atlasobscura.com and the editors can give you more detailed information about the entry.

If you also see it as a worthy place to add feel free to update or rewrite this entry. Maybe the editors will make a new descision then. Would be great if you also have some pictures to add. When I was submitting this place I did not find any good pictures that would be free to use. And I was only able to snap couple of pics with my phone before I was pointed out that pictures are not allowed (I did not see the sign when entering). My pictures are not the best ones unfortunately.

Allright :slight_smile: Lets wait for some feedback from the editors and I will go and take some pictures! I also don’t have a good camera, but I will see what I can do. May I ask you for the text in this case?

I think that stuff like this would work best in the tweaking thread that I tried to set up. :stuck_out_tongue: I would really want to see one spot where people post their unpublished stuff to fix up.

Hey @TransdisciplinaryExc and @ahvenas. I appreciate your guys’ continued passion and efforts to get this museum added to the Atlas, however, I want to reiterate that posting about specific place entries on the forums will not likely lead to our editors reconsidering their inclusion.

In addition, I cannot stress strongly enough that we do not encourage anyone to disrespect the rules or codes of conduct when visiting any places that they find in the Atlas database or otherwise. This includes museums that do not allow photography. Again, I appreciate your willingness and enthusiasm, but please respect the museum’s rules when visiting.

If you have any further questions about specific submissions, or you want to entreaty our editors to reconsider a place or food entry, please contact them at places@atlasobscura.com.