Why Hasn't My Place/Food Submission Been Published?

Hey again @coolcrab! Unfortunately I can’t speak to the specifics of why the editors chose not to accept this place, but as ever, you can reach out to them at places@atlasobscura.com for more details.

Hi - I’m wondering what is the typical turnaround time to publication? I submitted an article about a week ago and received the “we received your article” and when I went back to the piece it had clearly been edited (some of the paragraphs were switched around). I actually thought then it had been published but when I go to my profile it is listed as unpublished. Just wondering at one point it’s right to inquire with the places email address. Thanks!

Hey @Gina_Buonaguro! Thank you for contributing the terrific place and I apologize for any confusion. Your place has been edited and is set to publish at 10am on the 18th. Unfortunately the system doesn’t alert users when things are set to publish in the future, which can cause this confusion, but you should be all set. Thanks again for your patience and for contributing the amazing place. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Amazing! Thanks for the great news and also the very quick reply! Much appreciated.

Of course! Thanks for being a part of the community!

I’m also wondering about a submission from a few weeks ago that is yet to be reviewed:

I even sent an e-mail to places@atlasobscura.com asking about the same thing, but haven;t received any response yet.

Hey @CDVV86! I apologize for the delay, the database editors are currently reviewing your place and should be in touch soon. Apologies again for the delayed response, and let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

1 Like

Not MY place strictly, but I did edit this entry for accuracy. I am now noticing that it has been moved to “unpublished” and I was wondering if there’s any way I could take over authorship to get it published or if it’s ok to write a new entry for this same sculpture?

Thanks in advance.

Hey again @linkogecko! I’m sorry for the confusion surrounding this place and your edits. It seems that there is a technical glitch that was displaying that place as unpublished, but it should be resolved. Your edits have also been incorporated into the entry at this time.

If you ever have any other questions about specific place entries, you can always reach out directly to the database editors as well, at places@atlasobscura.com. Apologies again for the confusion, but feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!

1 Like