"Why Soviet Russia Named a Tomato After an American Celebrity" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the story, Why Soviet Russia Named a Tomato After an American Celebrity. You can share your comments and thoughts about the story in the conversation below.

You can also buy the plants from Laurels Heirloom Tomatoes in California, although she runs out early.

2 Likes

You can always find Paul Robeson heirloom tomato seeds at TomatoFest.com

2 Likes

Since there IS a tomato called ‘Celebrity’, the headline is a mess. My first thought; that’s not a Celebrity!
Great article though. Robeson deserves all the respect and rememberance we can give.

1 Like

I was talking gardening w a local college professor on the bus (a good reason to take public transit-you will meet a cross section of people you never would otherwise) and I admitted I’d never grown Paul Robeson. The man positively waxed lyrical - I absolutely must he insisted. The best tasting of all the heirlooms he’d tried. My first attempt was thwarted by blight. I hope to have more success in the future (still have not had the privilege).

1 Like

Thank you!