Yenching Palace

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Yenching Palace in Washington, D.C… Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

I am sorry to learn this has closed and become a Walgreens. I spent many nights of this iconic restaurant. After nights of clubbing at the Club Soda on Connecticut Avenue in the 1980s, we would come here for a bite! The restaurant was pretty cool with authentic Chinese decore. The food was real good and you might think the prices were steep, but they were reasonable! The wsit staff was spot on! Alcoholic drinks were furnished in exotic style glass ware. My favorite was the Shrimp in Garlic sauce. Next door to the restuarant was DCFD Station. The National Zoo was just down a few blocks. Some of the celebrity pictures adorned the walls. The history here speaks for itself! Sad to see that it’s all gone. Often we would go to the Uptown Theatre after eating at the Yuenching!

1 Like